Maintenance & Obsolescence
- Laurent Nadolski (Synchrotron SOLEIL)
All accelerators have reliability expectations. A data driven approach to maintenance has become a necessity as new accelerators increase in size and complexity. This can become more complex over the lifecycle of accelerator facilities when upgrades mix new and old components.
• What approaches work best for maintaining high reliability your facility?
• Have these approaches been shown to improve reliability and availability?
• How do you handle obsolescence issues?
• What are biggest struggles with optimizing maintenance activities and scheduling repairs?
• Are there different approaches for new facilities vs new or upgraded facilities?
Construction, commissioning and validation of the Linear IFMIF Prototype Accelerator (LIPAc) are carried out in the framework of the IFMIF/EVEDA project. The LIPAc in its current configuration operates with D+ and consists of a 100 keV injector, a 5 MeV RFQ accelerator, a medium and high energy beam transport lines and a beam dump. In its final configuration it will include a Half-Wave...
The Canadian Light Source (CLS), a 3rd generation light source operates since 2004 and is comprised of a 250 MeV Linac dating from 1964, a booster and a Storage ring built in 2003 and having seen completion of its last beamline(BL), #22, in 2019. For many years focus on BLs has put the maintenance of the machine in a dire position. With the completion of the last BL the Machine division can...
Authors: Mr Nikolas Paneras, Dr Yasser Mafi-Nejad.
Presenter: Mr Nikolas Paneras
Institute: Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation, Centre for Accelerator Science.
Presentation Title: "STAR Accelerator High Voltage Generator driver replacement"
The STAR Accelerator is a 2 MV Tandetron manufactured by High Voltage Engineering Europa. STAR is located in the Centre...